ArtsRevive Issues Call to Alabama Artists for 2014 Show
“Roots and Wings Art Exhibition”
March 8 – 30, 2014
ABOUT THE SHOW
ArtsRevive is pleased to open registration for its 12th annual juried art competition. The show has grown significantly over the past several years in size and popularity, and most importantly, in the quality of the submissions for consideration. Alabama Artists: Roots and Wings is a reflection of that growth. Entry for 2014 is open to artists who are from Alabama although they may now live and work elsewhere (Wings) as well as those artists who currently live in Alabama (Roots). The ArtsRevive show has built a reputation for its varied sampling of Alabama talent at its finest and this will expand that showcase. The exhibition coincides with the Selma Pilgrimage allowing patrons from across the south the opportunity to admire the work of our Alabama artists. The show is held in the ArtsRevive Carneal Building on the banks of the Alabama River in the heart of historic downtown Selma.
Jean Rainer Belt, art consultant to public and private institutions for 25 years, is owner of CAS Gallery and Frames in Montgomery. She was a founder and past president of the Arts Council of Montgomery and the Armory Learning Arts Center. Jean is a qualified Fine Art Appraiser, and has served as president of the Alabama Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA). She has completed 72 hours of course work both from George Washington University and the ASA and has attended seminars in New York City, Taos, NM, and London, to broaden her base of knowledge and experience. She has given artist seminars in Alabama and Texas on How to Market Your Art, and has juried numerous artist exhibitions throughout the state.
Jamie Adams has served as an Assistant Professor and Head of the Fine Art Department at Judson College since 2009. He graduated from the University of Montevallo where he spent much of his time in the printmaking studios. Jamie received his M.F.A. degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 2007. He then moved to Pittsburgh where he formed his artistic style and career, exhibiting in over seventy exhibitions over the past ten years. He has spent much of his time in various teaching positions, and as a printmaker at Artists Image Resource in Pittsburgh. As a printmaker, Jamie collaborated with a number of well-known artists to help them produce limited edition fine art prints. Jamie lives in Marion, Alabama, with his wife, Sabrina Pearson. His work can be seen at his Web site: www.dinosaurversusrobot.com.
- Entrants must be current or former residents of Alabama.
- Only work not previously shown in ArtsRevive shows may be submitted.
- All work must be original and all reference material should be the work of the artist. No paintings made from other painters’ or photographers’ work should be submitted for competition.
The following categories will be recognized in the show:
- Mixed Media
- Works on Paper
Select the category most appropriate for your work. Pieces selected for the show will be judged in the category under which they were submitted.
- A committee will choose work for the show from photos or jpeg images submitted by the artist. After the selection process all photos and CD’s will be returned to the artist if accompanied by a self addressed, stamped envelope.
- Photo Submission: Photos should be at least a 4×6 color photograph depicting 1 entry per photo. Please include entire work and print on high-quality photo paper. Each photo should be labeled on the back with the artists name and entry number corresponding with the entry number and description on the participants entry form.
- Digital Submission: All digital files should be 72 dpi, saved as jpegs at highest quality 12, and between 1000-2000 pixels on the longest side. Each submission should be labeled with the artists name and entry number corresponding with the entry number and description on the participants entry form. Entry form must accompany the submission. Send digital submissions to Mary Lain Peel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CD Submission: CD’s should contain a jpeg image of each work submitted. Each image should be titled with an entry number that corresponds with the entry number and description on the participants entry form. The CD should be labeled with the artist’s name.
- Participants may submit up to 3 entries per category for consideration for a maximum of nine (9) entries.
- Participants will be notified as to work accepted for the show, delivery dates, time and place, as well as other details pertaining to show participation.
- Artists should price their submitted work for sale during the show or identify it as NFS. Prices listed on the Entry Form will be listed in the Exhibition Catalogue. If no price is listed, it will be marked NFS. No changes will be made. A 20% commission on sales will go to ArtsRevive. Artists are responsible for sales tax.
There is a non-refundable entry fee of $35.00 per artist for the first three (3) submissions. Entry fee for 4-6 pieces is $45; entry for 7-9 pieces is $55. All entries include a membership in ArtsRevive with advance notice of exhibitions, workshops and events. Payment may be made by checks may be made payable to ArtsRevive or through PayPal.
- Best in Show will receive: $1000
- Peoples Choice: $300
- First in each category: $300
- Second in each category: $200
- Third in each category: $100
NEED MORE INFORMATION:
Call 334.328.0819 or email Mary Lain Peel, email@example.com
There are no images in this gallery.